Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1. Inspiration is something that I would want to invest in for my classroom. I feel as though it can be used in so many ways in numerous content areas. It can be incorporated in any subject as a concept map, showing students what they have learned and what they will be learning as they continue to branch out. It can also be used to create quizzes for younger elementary levels since pictures are easy to incorporate. It can be used to show cycles and flow charts in science such as life cycles, animal hierarchy, and weather cycles. It can be used in social studies and writing/English to help organize ideas if the students are writing an essay. Inspiration can also be used to construct graphic organizers that can be easily manipulated if I were to create a tiered lesson plan.

2. My favorite Web Resources from class include United Streaming, 4teachers, and go2web20. I feel that these resources will make the classroom less traditional and ‘boring.’ Instead, these sites will incorporate technology that the students see on a daily basis now in the classroom. I also think that the resources on 4teachers will help make my life as a teacher easier because it helps provide ideas and help save time planning.

I think that I will use 4teachers and go2web20 the most when I become a teacher. 4teachers will help make my life easier and leave me more time to come up with more creative ideas to use in the classroom. With 4teachers I can create rubrics and quizzes easily which will be good because as an elementary school teacher I will have more projects than tests. I will also use go2web20 a lot because it gives me the opportunity to explore many new links that I would not have found if I did not have the site to lead me to them. For example, I found a great site that is a you-tube for children which is sponsored by child-friendly television shows and there are millions of videos on all content areas. They can be incorporated and used as reinforcements to lessons that I will teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment