Saturday, September 19, 2009

Social bookmarking would be great to use in any classroom. Whether it is elementary or secondary, even college, it is a great way to share ideas and broaden the horizons of students.
As an elementary school teacher, it would benefit my students because I would be able to find interesting sites to use as reinforcements to lessons that I’m teaching that I could post on my page. I could direct the students to the site and they could access the information during class computer time, or even computer lab time. I would make it available for the parents as well to help their children with at home.
I think that social networking would be very beneficial for students at secondary and college level as well. Since that age group is able to navigate on the Internet without supervision, and they are responsible for writing papers and such, I think that if teachers have social networking sites set up with the material and appropriate websites and articles, the risk of inaccurate information decreases.
As an Albright student, and especially as an education major, I feel that social networking is a very useful and powerful tool. Within any of the majors offered here, there are many projects, papers, and research that need to be completed. If students log onto a social networking site they will have the opportunity to see other useful information others have found, as well as tag their own sites which could help out others.

No comments:

Post a Comment